What to expect at your first appointment during your dental examination and complete series of x-rays.
Dr. Lobato prides himself on using the most advanced technology while performing a detailed dental examination. A full examination will not be compromised, we feel your time is as valuable as ours. Dr. Lobato does not double or triple book his patients.
For adults, we reserve an hour and a half for your initial examination and x-ray appointment. An adult cleaning is scheduled on a separate day. Please note that this allows Dr. Lobato personalized, individual time with you. After your initial comprehensive examination, we will happily schedule any recall examination with your regular cleaning appointment.
Here’s what you can expect from your appointment:
Our front office team will gather and input records, including your completed forms for your medical and dental history, and any insurance, financial or HIPAA documents. Please bring your identification and both medical and dental insurance cards.
Once our back office team has greeted you they will:
- Complete any necessary radiographs (X-rays) with our minimally invasive, digital x-rays.
- Please inform us during your initial phone call if you have any current x-rays from a previous office. If your insurance has a frequency limitation, please let us know so that we minimize any out of pocket expense for you.
- Complete a series of intra oral photographs (included in the examination fee)
- Take and document your blood pressure
- Verbally review your dental and medical interview paperwork
Then Dr. Lobato will:
- Discuss your full medical and dental history
- Complete comprehensive head, neck and intra oral examinations
- Soft tissue exam to determine what type of cleaning you will need
- Review all images, document all existing restorations, and diagnose areas in need of treatment.
After your examination, our treatment coordinator will discuss examination findings in detail, including your options for treatment, the cost for treatment, timing, and financial arrangements in relation to any benefits you may have as well as answer any questions. In some cases, a dental pretreatment estimate is required before we begin treatment. Some patients will also require a return visit for a consultation for detailed explanation of the findings.
For children, under 13, we reserve 1 hour and will complete the following:
- Our dental hygienist will familiarize your child with the dental chair and surroundings, and make your child comfortable
- A comprehensive exam, prophylaxis (cleaning) , fluoride treatment(with approval), and any necessary radiographs, depending upon your child’s age
- Oral hygiene concerns and instruction specific to your child with a parent or guardian present if needed
- At the end of the appointment they will select a prize from our treasure chest, should they elect to
Bring your smile, along with any questions, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your completed patient information form if mailed to you unless completed online.
- Your insurance cards and photo identification
- We encourage all of our patients to plan ahead by completing the patient paperwork ahead of your appointment. Please plan to arrive 15 minute prior to your actual appointment time.
We ask for your cooperation in making and keeping all appointments. Our office policy requires a 2 business days’ notice to change appointments to avoid a $63.00 broken appointment fee. After two appointment changes may require a deposit to hold an appointment time.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!