If there’s a part of your smile that you’d like to see changed and improved, Dr. Lobato can assist you in enhancing your appearance, health, and confidence. A well-designed smile can impact your overall wellbeing and happiness, as well as your social and professional life. Dr. Lobato knows the proper techniques that can be used to improve the aesthetics and functionality of a smile. Dr. Lobato uses cutting edge technology to explain to patients and demonstrate in detail how the new smile will look based on the desires of the patient. The process of smile design is not one-size-fits-all, and Dr. Lobato will look at your unique needs and take the time to explain what needs to happen to achieve the smile you want.
The Design Process
Dr. Lobato begins the smile design process in his laboratory, taking note of the symmetry and balance of your smile via a thorough examination with x-rays, photos, and dental impressions. Your new smile is designed in wax based on what the human eye expects symmetry, color, and proportion to be. This is known as the “golden proportions.” During this process, Dr. Lobato wants to know how you expect your new smile to look, and what would exceed your expectations. A wax mock-up of your new smile is created, and Dr. Lobato explains his recommendations for creation of your new smile. Our professional team uses design tools that offer cast models and diagnostic photos to show you what your perfect smile will look like. Regardless of whether the work is restorative in nature or purely cosmetic, Dr. Lobato has a solution that will be unique to you. Dr. Lobato offers the following services:
- Porcelain crowns: A custom ceramic material known as a “cap” that covers teeth that are compromised by decay or injury. Crowns can span more than one tooth and are known as a bridge.
- Porcelain veneers: Similar to porcelain crowns, veneers are recommended in situations where the tooth structure base is not compromised. This type of restoration is a thin, lifelike technique that can be used to correct shape, spacing, color and tissue contouring.
- Tissue contouring: A type of periodontal plastic surgery that can assist with giving you an amazing smile and enhance your self image.
- Dental implants: A process that uses 3D technology to create an entirely new set of teeth, and can be used in conjunction with crowns or bridges. These are most commonly used in total mouth reconstructions.
- Teeth whitening: Both laser and gel teeth whitening is offered by Dr. Lobato’s office, which brightens smiles by as many as eight shades over the course of an hour.
- Bridgework: Fixed dental bridges are restorations similar to caps or crowns that are designed to replace a missing tooth in just a few steps. A bridge can be an alternative to tooth placement, when dental implant replacement is not possible.